Happy New Year!!!
I hope everyone has been enjoying the year 2013 thus far. We have survived a fiscal cliff, some teams won some playoff games…mine did not. But you didn’t come here to read about my sport’s team, you came here to read about some tech. So I like to make technology predictions every year. Some years I do better than others. Let’s take a look at my 2012 predictions.
- T-Mobile FINALLY get the iPhone
- Netflix goes under
- Android market share begins to decline
- Google & Motorola develop Nexus series of devices to put vanilla versions on phones
- Nintendo begins bringing titles to iOS
Well T-mobile and Apple did come to an agreement to sell Apple products. Although the devices won’t be sold until 2013, the deal was signed in 2012…
Yeah…I was WAY off on this one.
This also did not happen.
The rumors of Google and Motorola building an X Phone, unfortunatley it’s just a rumor as of right now. But I’m hoping that this becomes true this year.
I don’t know why this isn’t happening. Read my blog, Nintendo!!!
So those were my technology predictions for the year 2012. Here are some of my predictions for 2013:
- There will be a shakeup in the way that people watch TV, leading to more people cutting cable
- We will hear something big from a company that we don’t know about yet
- Microsoft will make a bigger push in the living room
- Wearable technology will be even a bigger product category, Nike will make a bigger push for this
- RIM will make its return with BlackBerry 10 (Q1) and be mildly successful in Q3
- MySpace will make somewhat of a comeback as an alternative to Facebook
- Google will do something exciting with Google TV and Google Fiber and their hardware arm, Motorola
- The next iPhone will have NFC, which will cause a huge increase in the amount of NFC enabled tags and NFC payment systems
In the upcoming weeks I will go deeper into my tech predictions. But until then, I am finalizing my #12in12, reading CES news, and getting ready for a trip to California for a wedding and a small vacation. So until time: mahalla.